Sunday 22 April 2012


 Day 8 : Mark 2:18-22
Jesus Questioned about Fasting

Fasting is going without food for while so that you can focus more on God and pray. It is definitely effective and is a discipline that Christians should become used to. However it is not a ritual and this was one of the problems here.

What was Jesus trying to teach his disciples here?

Have you ever spent time fasting?

A good way to begin is to miss one meal when there are specific things that you know you need to pray about and then set aside an hour to pray. Begin in worship, thanksgiving and repentance and then bring your concerns to God.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Thank you Dennis. Just want to share my fasting experience with you. I found that when I have the right attitude of fasting I don't feel hungry and feel really good all day. Please pray for me that I can worship, give thanks and really repent during my fasting time.